Monday, January 4, 2010
Dead Zone
I think it's funny how I perceive the seasons: Summer starts mid-may, fall begins at the start of September, and Winter begins in late November until Christmas and then I'm done. I think some of that influence has to do with school schedules and our own calendar. What is the most odd time of the year is this time. To me it is a period of not so many good things unlike the days leading up to Christmas when you just "feel good". I used to think Spring was my least favorite time of the year, but I believe I was wrong, it is this time. Not necessarily January but more of February once the excitement of Christmas fades and the stress of school sets in. Also the lack of Sunlight may have something to do with it... I'm not sure yet. The point is I'm afraid of loosing hope. Late fall brings laziness, but mid-winter brings some kind of very mild depression (I'm not even sure I want to call it that). However, it is another wave (like my laziness) I must turn my focus away from it lest I become like Peter sinking in it. So far He has pushed me to this point and I'm a bit frightened now. I stepped out of the boat and I'm miraculously walking on water! Though, many times I feel like one of little faith, and this seems a bigger test than the last. Yes, I know how this works, but somehow the more I grow, the bigger everything gets, and the more I must rely on Him. I'd say we become less independent as we mature in our faith. A stark contrast to what our corrupt old world likes to tell us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment